Saturday, August 30, 2008

Today's Meijer shop!

I am so excited!!! I am getting better and better at saving money and I am spending less and less every week!!

Today (Saturday), I finally managed to make it Meijer before this week's sale ended (which was today). I am back to work (I am a teacher) and it was a crazy week with my daughters' sports activities so it was a challenge to find time to grocery shop.

I was able to save $51.32 on my groceries today. I had over $24.00 in coupons! The remainder of the savings came from the items being on sale!

I was able to stock up on razors, shaving creme, canned chicken, kool-aid, salad dressing, yogurt, coke zero, bread, rice, milk, peaches, glass cleaners, salad, fruit snacks, microwave popcorn, and bananas.

I will have to go back next week to get the items that I received rainchecks for. I have a great stockpile of other items in my pantry that I will be able to fix dinner from this week!!

Yeah! I love it when my receipt is so long and yet my bill is so small!!!

I just love saving money and want to share what I have learned with everyone. My stomach just cringed for the lady ahead of me who purchased almost $300 dollars worth of groceries. Her cart was about 1/2 full and she had no coupons! I want everyone I know and who reads this blog to be able to save as much money as you can on your groceries. We all have other financial priorities and goals and groceries seems like such a simple place to save!

If you are just beginning this coupon journey, I recommend reading my blog from the beginning so you can learn some of the tricks that I have learned from experts! Happy couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment