Friday, August 22, 2008

Meijer sale this week....

Another great sale at Meijer this week.....I didn't go to Kroger this last week because there wasn't much that was on sale and it didn't seem worth it to go for just a few items. However, this week's sale that started yesterday looks really good. They have a lot of $1.00 items.

I finally made it to the grocery store this week. It has been crazy since everyone in my home is now back to school.

I just got a few things that we needed and some things that we will use later that are on sale.

I spent $38.75 and saved $24.03 = a 39% savings....

I bought 12 Yoplait yogurts, 3 mac and cheese, 2 pkg. english muffins, 3 edy's yogurt ice cream, 3 pkg. of 2 magic erasers, 3 marinade, 3 bags pretzels, 1 orange juice, 1 milk, 1 lb turkey breast, and 6 ramen noodles.

I had $8.84 worth of coupons. Some of my friends have asked me how I have gotten these coupons, especially when I have multiples. For this shop, most of my coupons came from the coupon clippers. I bought the Edy's yogurt coupons from them, 2 of the magic eraser coupons, and the 3 marinades. The total I spent on coupons for these items was less than a $1.oo total but I saved 8.84. So my $1.00 investment was worth the money. I have been using the coupon clippers for coupons for items that I will always use and always need. The items that I used these coupons for were also on sale; therefore saving me even more money. The only down side to the coupon clippers is to make sure you use your coupon by the expiration date. There have been a few times when I have let a coupon expire. For coupons that I get in the Sunday paper it doesn't stress me out, but for coupons that I had to pay for....I want to make sure that I use them.

I saved almost $15.00 buying items that were on sale. Again, I am amazed at my savings now that I pay attention to what is on sale and then apply coupons to those sale items. I remember the days of going up to cashier with a full grocery cart and having my groceries cost over 200.00.

I am so glad that I found the grocery game and the grocery gathering!!

No comments:

Post a Comment