Monday, August 11, 2008

Coupon Envy

Well, yesterday I experienced extreme coupon envy.

Yesterday, I spoke to my mother-in-law who bless her heart saved the Sunday coupons for me. This was a really good paper and I was going to get another paper during my Kroger run on Sunday. This saved me $1.00!

Well, she was sharing that I would be so proud of her and how much she saved at Kroger the other day. I said that I was proud of her. But then she told me that she got a TON of Kroger only coupons in the mail last week. I about died. What Kroger coupons I said? Well, I never received any coupons. I teased her that they were mine because there was a brief period that we lived with them and that is when I orginally signed up for my Kroger card.

Then later on Sunday I made my Kroger run and my envy continued!! I saw tons of people walking around with a WAD of coupons in their hand. I knew that these were the ones that my mother-in-law had talked about. I just can't believe that I didn't get any.

Well, when I got home I logged into Kroger.com and saw under my profile that they didn't have my address in the system. So if you are Kroger shopper and use your card double check that your address is in the system so you don't have coupon envy!!

I just hate missing out on a deal.....

I still saved a lot on my Sunday shop. I purchased 29 items for $25.33. I saved $16.53 (39%) using my Kroger card and coupons!

The deals weren't very good this week. This was more of an essentials trip. We needed yogurt, luna bars were on sale (these are great for on the go breakfasts!), milk, canned chicken, peanut butter, and poptarts. I also bought cheese and bananas.

I plan on making my Meijer run on Tuesday. My grocery goal this week is only $75.00. So I am going to try to spend only 49 dollars at Meijer. I have created quite a stockpile so I don't need as much to have us up and running this week. I am hoping to stay at this number for the rest of the school year! We will see how this goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment