Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Meijer shop on 12/22 (Spent 125 and saved 65)

Good shopping without my grocery game list....

I had to buy a lot of things that were needed for our Christmas celebrations. Many things on our list was to sustain our family as we are trapped inside our home due to this crazy weather as well as some baking needs.

I scanned the ad this week and read the mommy snacks blog to help me match my coupons. For those of you that use the grocery game as your shopping list, you know that in our area our list doesn't become available until after 8:00 PM. I needed to go in the morning.

By the way, I just checked their list and I was rather pleased that I was able to identify the best deals (the green and blue items) with the help of mommy snacks. There were a few items on the list for this week that I didn't get but it is just as well since I still have some more shopping for food for the Christmas baking. I will still continue to use the grocery game's list, due to the convenience it offers!

Anyways, I spent $124 with tax.
Meijer savings were $13.98
Non coupon savings were $30.74
Coupon savings of $20.96
So total amount saved on this shop was $65.68

Just a reminder: Make sure you compare prices ... For example, I need about 35 blocks of creme cheese to make my famous cheesecakes for friends and family. (I can't claim the credit for this. The recipe came from my friend Beth). Cream cheese was on sale at Meijer for $1.50 each. Well, I know that at ALDI they are on sale for .99 cents. I couldn't justify spending an extra $17.50 buying the cream cheese at Meijer. So I will be heading to ALDI today but it will be worth extra trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment