Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Meijer shop 12/31/08 (Spent 133 and saved 75)

I did a Meijer and Aldi shop today...

This week's shop was a little more expensive because we were low on paper towels and toilet paper....

However, I was able to get many Proctor and Gamble items on sale with coupons that will count towards the $122 dollars in coupon rebate they are offering this month. All you needed to spend was $50 in P&G products to get their coupon booklet. I spent $52.43 on P& G products before coupons. After coupons, I spent only $39.00. Full price these items would have been $64.34. More info below regarding this...

http://www.becentsable.net/2008/12/hot-grocery-deals-and-year-of-savings.html

My Aldi shop was $28.61. I needed more creme cheese and graham crackers. More cheesecakes to make!!!

I went to Meijer first and then hit Aldi. While I was at Aldi, I was reminded again to check my prices. I bought shredded cheese which was less expensive at Meijer. Bummer! Milk was cheaper at Meijer as well. Yeah, I bought milk at Meijer. I forgot that I like Aldi's ground turkey (not the tube kind). It was 2.50/lb versus the 3.50/lb that I got it for at Meijer. It was on sale at Meijer so I stocked up and bought 3 packages. But, I could have saved almost $5.00 today if I was cognizant of the prices at both Meijer and/or Aldi.

Overall, today's shop at Meijer...

Total Meijer promotions: $7.44
Non-coupon savings: $47.48 (on sale prices)
Coupons: $20.05
Total savings $74.97

Yeah!! Gotta love coupons and shopping the sales!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment