Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Help those in need...

As I have gotten better and better at finding deals, I have been donating more and more items to our church's food panty. We have also donated many items to food drives through my children's school.

When you find a great deal for a product that you might not use or a great deal and you buy more than you need - consider buying it to donate to a needy family, food pantry, church or any one who could benefit. Make sure you check the expiration date or you are aware of its shelf life.

This week Meijer had Pantene shampoo on sale for $1.88 each with coupons. This is a 55% off savings. I bought 4 of them with coupons. I knew that this wouldn't be used in our home but I knew that it would be a great item to donate to our church's pantry as they are always looking for toiletry items. Every shop, I try to include something additional that I can take into church on Sunday. I do include this donation in my monthly grocery postings and spending. This week I spent $7.20 on shampoo that would have cost $16.00 had it not been on sale and I didn't use any coupons!

Another plus for this week is that the Pantene shampoo also helped me qualify for the $122 coupon booklet that P&G is sending me since I have purchased $50 dollars worth of their products this month.

I challenge you to find a great deal every week that you can donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment