Tuesday, July 8, 2008

CVS is the way to save!!!

http://www.thenewfrugalmom.com/2008/03/cvs-how-to-save.html

The above blog does such a great job explaining why CVS is the place to shop and how to do it. I recommend that you read her advice and suggestions!

I have been saving so much money on medicine, bandaides, toothbrushes, toothpaste, beauty products, sunscreen, feminine products, etc. All of the fun things that I hate buying, I now get at CVS for almost free!

You must have a card to get the savings!!

I recommend that you find a CVS store near other stores or areas that you frequent. Right now the one that is closest to us is by our public library and my mother-in-law's. Unfortunately, we don't get to this side of town very often. So, I have only been there about 5-7 times so far this summer. I am really trying to conserve my gas!

Once I go back to work in the fall, I plan on going once or twice a week as it is a quick shot from my school. For now I am only going once or twice a month.

On one of the blogs that I read, they recommended staring with a $25.00 investment when you begin your CVS journey. Buy a CVS gift card for $25.00 and see how long you can make it last. I think you would be surprised at how long your $25.00 dollars can last if you plan out your shopping trips.

My first few trips did not net the best deals, but I have since gotten better at decreasing my cash out of pocket with each purchase.

Our CVS is rather small and I have found out that a few times items have been out of stock, especially if it was a great deal. At my last visit the cashier offered me a raincheck. The raincheck issued indicated the sale price and the amount of ECB's I would get back. This raincheck can be used at a later date. The item I was trying to get was a Brut deoderant for $2.29 (with a coupon from my paper) and then I would get $3.00 back to spend on another transaction. So, don't forget to ask for a raincheck!

Enjoy saving at CVS!

No comments:

Post a Comment