Monday, October 13, 2008

Meijer Shop (Saved $34)

Gotta love the grocery game!!

I did some shopping on Saturday. I have found that my new shopping routine is now grocery shopping on Saturday. It seems like this is the only time that I have now that I am back to work.
This week I had planned a few meals that I had a lot of the major ingredients for but not the seasoning that was needed. I am making a few yummy meals that were featured in this month's Everyday Food by Martha Stewart. This is a monthly cookbook magazine that is wonderful. My friend Kim told me about this magazine. Every month, I mark the pages for the meals that catch my eye and I try to make a few new things each month. I haven't gone wrong yet with any of their recipes.

Well. a few of the recipes called for some items that I didn't have the seasoning for. I plan on making Spicy Coconut Chicken Casserole, Lemon Shrimp and Rice, and Shrimp and Prosciutto Lasagna. I am also making a few recipes from my Better Homes and Garden magazine as well Puttanesca Sauce. The main ingredients for these recipes, chicken and shrimp, I had gotten on sale and are stockpiled in my freezer. So the majority of the ingredients were purchased on sale, I had to buy kalamato olives, anchovy paste, capers, ricotta cheese, prosciutto, and few other items. Unfortunately, I don't usually see these items on sale so I didn't save as great of a percentage during today's shop.

I spent $90 and saved $34

I also purchased steak that was on sale at Meijer and stocked up. I spent $25.00 on meat this week, and $11 on the extra ingredients (seasoning) needed for my recipes, and $10 on cleaning items. The remainder on miscellaneous items that were on sale this week.

I have many meals planned that should carry us for the next 2 weeks. We will be heading to a soccer tournament next weekend and I will not have time to grocery shop. I plan on making this shop of $90 last 2 weeks!!! I hope I can do it. Last time that I tried to skip a week of shopping, I ran out of milk but I think I am okay to make it these next 2 weeks.

I will let you know how I do!!

If you are interested in subscribing to Martha Stewart's Magazine: Everyday Food, I have included the link.

http://everydayfoodmagazine.com-sub.info/director?did=1&page=44&sourcegroup=google&gtkw=everyday%20food&crtv=1565995241&source=content&domain=EverydayFoodMagazine.com-sub.info&UMC=517&mtrack=New-Links-&partner=everydayfood.com-&xid=1&redirect=no&gclid=CLadptrOpJYCFRKIxwods23E5Q

Have a great week....

No comments:

Post a Comment