Saturday, November 28, 2009

Meijer and Aldi shop 11/28

Today my dear husband decided to accompany me on my grocery shopping expedition. He has gone once before and was very supportive. I ran into a friend on Wednesday who shared with me that her family is now becoming more supportive of her coupon addiction. My family still teases me but loves it when I come home with special items that are on sale that I wouldn't have usually bought before coupons.

I just don't understand how anyone wouldn't support saving money. I have found when I am a conscious coupon clipper I am able to apply more money towards bills and/or retirement.

When I get lazy and don't pay attention to the grocery shopping and budget, we start eating out more and eating less healthy meals.

Today's shop included Aldi and Meijer. I needed to run to Aldi as I was filling a box of food to bring into our church for their food collection day. I bought 20 dollars worth of groceries at Aldi and spent 20 on our family. Last year, I was a die hard couponer and I just pulled this food from our pantry. Since I haven't filled our pantry doesn't look like it did last year, I needed to supplement a little to support our church's campaign.

Our Meijer shop also included something to take into church and that was a winter coat for their Imagine campaign. I was able to get 4 dollars off the coat using a coupon. I also bought some toothpaste and toothbrushes to donate with our food drop off.

I spent 106 at Meijer and saved 48 dollars!!! I did have a few items that made it into the cart due to my husband accompanying me on this journey. He did apologize for throwing off my savings a bit! :)

This does include the 20 dollar coat for donation. Our grocery budget for the week was 106 dollars including the Aldi shop!

Savings breakdown:
Total Meijer promotions: $6.09 (from my catalinas)
Items being on sale: $12.92
Total coupon savings: $29.08
Total Savings of $48.09

No comments:

Post a Comment