Saturday, November 14, 2009

11/15 Grocery shop

The savings has begun again.....

This morning I woke up on a Saturday determined that my leaf has turned over and healthy eating and meal preparation will begin again...

I got out my coupon binder and started filing my weeks of circulars into their sheet protectors. This is where it really hit me. I have 6 weeks of coupons that were labeled with the appropriate week but I had done nothing with them. This means that it has been almost 6 weeks since my last coupon clip!!

I went onto the grocery game and printed my Meijer list for. There were some good deals but since I had fallen behind on my stockpiling I had to buy many items that were needed for our family even though they were not on sale. I did have coupons for some of these items but the item wasn't on sale! This was frustrating for me!!

I leisurely strolled the aisles with a cup of coffee in my hand. I found that I had missed going to the grocery store. It was about one o clock in the afternoon and the store was quiet. I had a wad of coupons in my hand and I was ready to begin my journey again.

I feel that I will keep going on this journey. So feel free to see how I do...

Total grocery bill:
184 dollars (we needed razor blades!!! these are so darn expensive. I had a coupon but they weren't on sale. So 22 dollars of this bill was for razor blades!!

Saved $51.95
Non coupon savings = $33.55
Coupon savings $18.40

As I checked out, my catalinas (the coupons that shoot out of the coupon printer with your receipt) included more coupons for $6.50 off my next purchase!!! Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment