Sunday, April 26, 2009

Do you really need it just because it is on sale?

I found that with my coupon journey that I got into the thinking that it was a good deal so I had to buy it. I know we all love to get good deals, but what I have found that helps is to stick to a budget. As I have mentioned before, I have a notecard that I write all my grocery purchases and this helps remind me of what I already spent and encourages me to think about what I buy.

Now many of my friends are now on this coupon journey and I am also going to encourage you to think about items/products that you don't need that you consider buying it to donate to charity. Each week, I would say 3-5 dollars worth of my purchases support our church's food pantry. When I can get a good deal on something, I do consider that I can donate this to my church and I also get the thrill of finding a great item on sale. Every month or so, I gather up all of these items and drop them off.

Something to think about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment