Sunday, May 3, 2009

5/3 Grocery Shop at Kroger and Aldi

Today was such a beautiful day that I really didn't want to go to the grocery store. It was a quick one today because I have some items in my stockpile that I am going to use to get us through the week so I didn't need to get a ton of items. It took me less than an hour to hit both of these stores and arrive back home.

Today I hit Kroger and saved 48%. I love it when I hit this percentage. I was able to load e coupons to my Kroger card from shortcuts and p&g. I also used manufacturers coupons.

Total shop at Kroger
MFG coupon savings $6.75
Bonus coupon savings (ecoupons) $2.35
Kroger savings (buying it on sale) $24.24
Total savings....$33 = 48% savings

I also needed to hit Aldi for some essentials.
I bought waffles, chewy granola bars, splenda, parmesean cheese, salmon, baby carrots, and gummy bears.
These are items that I almost always get for less at Aldi. There are a few rare occasions when I get these items for less, but they are also staples in our house and sometimes I underestimate our stockpile and fall short.

Spent 28 at Aldi

Total weekly grocery budget: $65

No comments:

Post a Comment