Sunday, June 29, 2008

How to organize your Sunday coupons and printed coupons

Some of you have gotten your 3 ring binder and sheet protectors....

All of these ideas have come from my research on various blogs! I am very thankful for the great ideas of these wonderful ladies!



I plan on upgrading my 3 ring binder to a zipped up binder. I think that this will help my sale flyers and misc. stay put better. My binder contains my weekly circulars for stores that I like to shop at such as CVS, Meijer, Kroger, Target, and Walgreens. It also has the sheet protectors with the coupons that I have collected.



Anyways, what you will do is take your Sunday insert coupons and write the date it was in the paper on the outside of the packet. I use a sharpie.



Then take the entire day's worth of coupons and slide them in a sheet protector. As the weeks progress so will your coupon supply. Each week gets its own sheet protector.



The organization is what will save you TONS of time!!



When you go to the grocery gathering, (see my post about this), they will refer to the coupon with the following code.

Each of your sale circulars have names:

RP=Red Plum
SS=Smart Source
PG=Proctor and Gamble


They will list where to find the coupon... They will list the date (this is the day it was in your sunday paper - and the date you wrote on the outside of your insert) and then which company produced the coupon. ie. 6/30 SS

As I make my grocery list, I go to that date in my file system and then find my coupon.

I am then ready to go shop....

For coupons that you print, I have started writing on the outside of the sheet protector a classification of the type of coupon such as: drinks, dairy, frozen...

I have bought into couponing because this system is so easy. One of the reasons I stopped using coupons was I thought that it was a realy pain to clip every coupon and then file it. This is so simple and so quick!

Another trick I have also found that helps is to clip your coupons to your grocery list. That way you won't misplace them and they will be accessible when you checkout.

I have started bringing my coupon binder with me to the store because I have found additional deals that I had wished that I had the coupon for. I still forget to bring it with me, but I am trying to make this be a habit.

I hope this helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment