Thursday, September 11, 2008

What Coupons are available in this week's Sunday paper

http://www.taylortownpreview.com/

I have been trying to convert some of my friends at work to the joys of saving money with coupons. I will forever be a coupon convert because the amount of money that I have saved since I have begun this coupon adventure.

According to my records/spreadsheet, (Yes, I keep track. My dad has his doctorate in mathematics. It must have rubbed off.) I have saved $804.00 since June 1st of this year. The cumulative value of the groceries I bought was $2,241.00 but instead I have spent $1,645 on groceries since the first day of June.

I started couponing in April but didn't start keeping track of the savings until June. I wish that I had!!! So after 3 months of using coupons and shopping the sales, I have saved $800.00. If I continue on this path, I am hoping that my yearly savings will be $3,200. That is a considerable yearly savings. I have made a vow to put as much of this savings away towards our retirement.

The only way I have been able to do this is through coupons and shopping the sales. So, what coupons can you find in your Sunday paper?

Some of my friends are debating whether they should subscribe to the Sunday paper or buy the Sunday paper each week. I shared with them today that they can subscribe to the taylor town preview. By subscribing, they will email you what coupons will be featured in this Sunday's paper. I receive these emails on Thursday. My friend Deanna said that this might be a good resource to decide if she should buy that week's paper. I use this preview to decide if I should buy an extra paper this week. :)

Please know that our area paper does not always feature all of the coupons that taylor town preview says will be in the Sunday paper. Certain areas/cities receive more coupon circulars than others. My sister who lives in the Chicago suburbs gets more coupons than I do. I am sure that this has to do with the cost of living between there and here.

So, if you are curious about what coupons will be in Sunday's paper take a look at their website.

Happy clipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment