Thursday, September 18, 2008

Meijer this week 9/18 (Saved $45.59)

Well, I hit Meijer on a Thursday which is a rarity for me. I miss the days of summer when I could go at any time of the day and/or week. I got my haircut and colored (I had to hide my grays!) and then swung by Meijer to get this week's deals. We have a crazy weekend ahead of us with a lot of driving as our daughters are playing in a soccer tournament. So, I decided to go today because I knew that I would be exhausted on Saturday.

I saved $45.59 with coupons and shopping the sales. I spent $84.00. This will feed my family for the week and then some! Yeah! Another week under $100 dollars.

There were a few deals that I didn't know about that I wanted to share with you. Thanks to Hot Coupon World I found out about a great deal on their message boards. When I remember to check out Hot Coupon World, I always find some great unadvertised sale. Unfortunately, I forget to do this quite often. If you set up an account at http://www.hotcouponworld.com/ you can use all of their wonderful resources. They have a message board where the coupon goddesses post all the great deals. I really appreciate their efforts. There is also a coupon database that I use when I absolutely have to get a certain item and I want to see if I can find a coupon to apply to that purchase. It is a wonderful resource.

Here is the deal that I read about on hotcoupon world. If you buy Maxwell House coffee (34.5 oz.), you will get a free box of Post cereal. The coffee is on sale for $6.99 (It was $8.25). I LOVE coffee. I buy the 1/2 caff and find that it is yummy, especially with rasberry chocolate creamer!Now, you can use a Meijer Mealbox coupon (use the link on my blog) for a $1.00 off of 2 canisters of coffee. You can also use a Meijer Mealbox coupon for $1.00 off of 2 post cereals. So, for $12.00 you can get 2 canisters of coffee and 2 boxes of cereal. Basically, they paid me $1.00 to buy 2 boxes of cereal that I got for free! Yippee!!!

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment