Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back on the wagon....(Spent 94 and Saved 62)

Well, I am back on the wagon again! I went to Meijer after work tonight with my grocery list and my wad of coupons. Another reason I love to coupon shop is that I am in and out of the grocery store in such a short amount of time. I don't browse the aisles; I shop with a purpose.

In this trip, I was able to get many items that I will be able to stockpile. Stockpiling means buying more than you need but what will get you through the next sale cycle. The key to stockpiling is making sure that you don't over buy and you pay attention to expiration dates. Today I bought 6 boxes of cereal, 4 marinades, and 6 garlic bread. I bought a variety of items today. In this total, I have toiletries such as razors, deodorant, dental floss, Paul Mitchell shampoo and face cleanser. The majority of these items were on sale and I was able to apply coupons to the sale price. A few of these items I had to buy because I was out of them. I hate when I have to pay full price but if you have to I recommend that check out the coupon database on www.hotcouponworld.com . You can enter the item that you want to purchase...for example coffeemate creamer. They will tell you date of when the coupon was in the circuluar. For example, 5/22 PG. This means that you would be able to find a coupon for coffeemate creamer in the 5/22 proctor and gamble insert. Of course, it is better to buy this item when it is on sale and then add a coupon to the total price but sometimes you just need the item and can't wait for it to go on sale.

Today's shopping trip cost me $94.19 (with tax)

I saved $62.35 with coupons and buying sale items.
($33.35 Sale savings; $29.00 COUPON savings)

I love COUPONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment