Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back on the wagon...

I have decided to put coupons back on the priority list.

We all know how expensive groceries are. For the last year, I have been relying on Sam's Club to feed my family. Although, I know we can save money by shopping at Sam's Club I know the savings are not as great as when couponing was a priority for me. Even though Sam's is a stock up store, it seemed like my pantry was never as full as when I shopped with coupons at Meijer and Kroger. When our church would have a food drive, I could always pull from my stockpile and not make much of dent on our food supply. Because of this, I hadn't helped out our food pantry as much as I could have.

In 2009, I was able to save almost $1500 in groceries!

I need some accountablility for myself as much as an opportunity to share my savings with you. Because of this, I will continue to update this blog with my weekly purchases and savings. My goal is to get back to my $400 a month grocery budget.

I admit I have used a lot of excuses as to why I stopped couponing. But the real reason is that I just became lazy. Many of us say how busy we are but when things become priorities it happens. Couponing only took me 30-40 minutes a week to prepare my grocery list and to cut my coupons. I use to do this while watching TV with my family. It didn't take any time away from family time. I could still engage in conversation as well as talk to them about what they would like to eat this week. Saving almost $200 a month should be a priority for me... not sure why I let this get away from me.

So if you are interested in following me on my journey again, please feel free to follow my blog. You can subscribe to receive any updates via email or RSS so you won't miss a moment of savings journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment