Saturday, February 12, 2011

2/12 Meijer Shop (Spent $127 and Saved $48)

There is nothing better than grocery shopping when the store is dead! Just got back from the grocery store on a Saturday night, I am sure you are all so jealous and wish you lead an adventurous life like me! The family all had plans this evening so I chose to casually stroll the aisles at Meijer with no concern about racing home to run someone to their next activity. I forgot how quiet grocery stores are in the evenings. I remember when my twin daughters were infants I was a frequent customer at Walmart after 10 or 11 pm as I tried to find a time to get to store when it was quiet and without screaming children.

Today's shop and browsing proved to be worthwhile. As you know Valentine's Day is on Monday. I had been looking for something to get my daughters. On Friday, they went to see Justin Bieber's Never Say Never movie with some girlfriends. I think every single teenage girl in America saw this movie this weekend. I stumbled upon giant sized poster of Bieber. They will be thrilled as they have Bieber fever. I also got them nailpolish that was on sale with coupons. They will be thrilled!!

Anyways, I also found a great deal on a coat for a 24M old boy. This time of year, I am able to get winter coats to donate to the church coat drive in the fall. The coat was 50.00 and I got it for 7.00. It will be a great coat for a needy child.

So, today's grocery shop contains items other than groceries but they were also purchased on sale and with coupons!

Spent $127.49

Saved: $1.75 with Meijer coupons
Saved: $34.61 for purchasing items that were on sale
Saved: $11.98 with coupons

Total Savings: $48.34

Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day with someone they care about...their children, friends, family, boyfriend/girlfriend, or spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment