Saturday, October 3, 2009

September Savings

It is hard to believe but September is now over and we have entered the Halloween month of October. We have been back to school for 6 weeks and it is amazing to think that the school year is about a quarter of the way done.

As I have mentioned in previous blogs, life has been pretty crazy with activities. I am back on the coupon journey. Not only am I back to couponing, I am trying to get back my love of cooking. The activities that the entire family has taken on has greatly impacted my desire as well as my time to prepare a meal. I have made a promise to myself that I will cook at least 3 times a week. I am sure that some of you wondering what we are going to do for the other meals. What I mean by this is that I will actually prepare a meal that doesn't involve a microwave 3 times each week. For the rest of the week, it will be up for grabs with meals like breakfast, sandwiches, and maybe a frozen pizza.

Last week was pretty good week for me. I made spaghetti and meatballs, italian sausage with vegetables, and salmon with mashed potatoes and brocolli.

In regards to my savings, I only posted once this month but here is my monthly total.

9/5 Meijer spent &113 and saved $56
9/11 Sam's club spent $187
9/19 Meijer spent $131 and saved $75
9/27 Aldi spent $82

The total spent for the month of September was $513 and saved $131.
This breaks down to a weekly average of $128. Not too bad. I am trying to get back to a weekly average of below $100.

I hope you continue to join me on my coupon adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment