Monday, November 3, 2008

Shopping....Where to save the most money!

I am sure that if you are regular reader of my blog, you are a price shopper. I have been writing about how great the grocery game is and have loved the amount of money it has saved me.

However, you still need to know your prices. Since using the grocery game, I have been buying brand name products that I would have never have bought before ONLY because I am getting them cheaper than the store generic and ALDI.

A good price shopper knows their prices and knows that even though the grocery game may be showing an item that is a considerable discount you might still be able to get it at ALDI or it might be a better deal to buy the store generic.

Even though that this hasn't been the case for awhile, I did make an Aldi run on Sunday. My family and I were craving some chilli. Ground turkey was on sale at Meijer this week so I based my meal on a sale item. Well, my canned tomato stockpile got donated to my daughters school for their canned food drive a couple of weeks ago. Being a good price shopper, I knew that since tomatoes were not on sale at Meijer or Kroger that I would need to make a trip to Aldi. I purchased my canned tomatoes for .49 cents a piece where at Meijer they were .90 for the store generic. So, it is good to know your prices.

I managed to hit Aldi and Meijer in less than 40 minutes. Yeah!

I was a little frustrated as usually Aldi's milk is cheaper than Meijer unless Meijer is having milk on sale. For some reason, I didn't notice that Meijer was having their gallons of milk on sale for 2.50 each. So, I bought a gallon at Aldi for 2.59. I know that it was only 9 cents but with my new savings plan and grocery budget, I was sad that I didn't save the 9 cents. I know that I need to get a life! :)

Take care!!! Happy shopping! I plan doing my grocery shopping on Tuesday or Wednesday this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment